Friday, December 23, 2011

"I love my mom like sugar!"


Yesterday I met with my reading club members.  We were trying to close the office early (at 3 pm) for Christmas so I spontaneously decided that we would talk about Christmas before handing out the reading club prizes.  After realizing my first attempt at discussion was above my language level, I decided we'd talk about love. I had each child name someone that they loved SOOO much.  I was preparing to lead into how God loves us and Christmas is really all about this Love.  Most kids named their mom, but Hesborn's answer was so precious.  "I love my mom like sugar!"  It was sweet and pure and straight from the heart.


I have been ever so busy being busy this month - I've even been busy trying to figure out how not to be so busy.  Thanks to this little boy for reminding me that I, too, love my mom like sugar!  And that this holiday season I can remember all those that I love and how truly sweet life is.

To make Mombasa seem a little bit more like home - in spite of the 80-deg-80%-humidity weather - I've been making Christmas cookies, which is something I learned from my mother.  So it was fitting that I had to call my mom last night to get advice on the sugar in the cookies.


Wishing you all time with someone you love like sugar!
Merry Christmas

1 comment:

  1. Wow thats really asweet and precious statement there i too "love my mother more than Sugar because sometimes i can take tea without sugar but i dont think i can leave a day without her in my memory" i love you mum my God grant you all the happiness in this world.

    ReplyDelete